Friday, November 14, 2008

Progress for Preemies!

November is Prematurity Awareness Month and if you are reading this, you are already aware of two very special preemies.

Ross and Riley were born 2 months early and have had significant developmental hurdles to overcome as a result. Other preemies have far greater challenges to face.

November is when we focus on the impact premature birth has on babies and families, and on the opportunities for prevention.

Today more than 1,400 babies in the U.S. will be born prematurely. Many will be too small and too sick to go home.

Instead, they face weeks or even months in the newborn intensive care unit (NICU). These babies face an increased risk of serious medical complication, and death; however, most eventually will go home.
The March of Dimes works tirelessly to find ways to prevent premature birth and to provide the best possible medical care to babies who are born too soon. Please take a quick moment and sign the Preemie Petition on the sidebar to the right. Help the March of Dimes urge the new president and Congress to make progress for preemies!

3 comments:

Erin Tales said...

I am so happy Ross and Riley are happy, healthy little boys even though they were premature. Good Luck Tomorrow!!! I'm excited about giving one away. I have one at my house (not for me - its going to be given away on a TV thing I am doing) but it is ADORABLE! I LOVE IT! LOVE LOVE LOVE! I wish I could let Keegan and Lochlan see it to gauge their reaction.

Erin Tales said...

Random comment - you know, your boys are only 2 months younger than Keegan. :) That's neat that they are so close in age.

And they are wearing 4T. LOL. Keegan was wearing 18 month jeans today. He was born 8 pounds, 11 ounces. But he is a scrawny, skinny 9adorable) thing right now.

ChefDruck said...

Thanks for bringing this great cause to my attention and for entering the contest at my blog.