Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Smiling??

My dear friend Emily took me to the NICU this afternoon to visit the boys (I can't drive for another few days because of the c-section) and we had a wonderful time! The best news is that Riley has been breathing room air all day with only minor nasal cannula support. He has not needed any oxygen support all day! Yeah! Also, the current plan is to remove Riley's IV tomorrow night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I was able to hold both boys and Riley nursed again for a couple of minutes. Riley made an adorable face that looked suspiciously like a smile. I didn't think that babies could smile this early, but his nurse told me that she thought it looked like a smile, too, and that there was no way to tell if it was a reflex or a real smile. So, she suggested that we consider it a smile! I'm heading back over there tonight, so I'll add some more news tomorrow!

No comments: