Friday, July 28, 2006

Happy One Week Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Ross and Riley!! The boys are one week old today!!!Both babies are continuing to make super progress! Riley's IV has now been discontinued and he is breathing room air, without any support! Ross' feedings are going beautifully and he is now eating the maximum amount for his size. He has also gained 1.5 ounces, which is great! Riley is actually eating almost as much as Ross now, but he will continue to have some more increases in his feedings since he is a little bit bigger. I was finally able to nurse Ross for a couple of minutes yesterday, and I have been able to nurse Riley a few more times, too. Yesterday, we had a fabulous time with Aunt Lyssie (my sister Ilyssa) when she got to spend some time with both boys. Both little guys were pretty sleepy during her visit, but it was still fun to take pictures of both kiddos with her. The nurses have started to let me do more and more with each baby, and it makes me feel so good to be more involved in their care. I have been able to take their temperatures, change diapers, get them in and out of their incubators, swaddle them, and help with their baths. Check out the photo gallery...I just posted lots of new pics!

No comments: